Some parents are setting up a steering group at the moment so that we can start a PTA in September (we don’t have one at the moment). So now is a great time to get involved.
Briefly these are some of the main things we’d like to do:
- Raise money for something specific we agree for the school. This might be a piece of play equipment, garden or play area upgrades, or anything else we agree on.
- Contribute to the school community. We would hold social events for parents and/or children that would also raise money. Getting to know other parents and teachers in an informal way is great for everyone.
- Put together a knowledge base of parents and carers’ skills, languages, and interests; so that we can contribute to the school in an organised way.
As is usual every parent will be a member of the PTA automatically – and be informed of events via the school. We welcome any involvement, and we will be organizing an AGM in September, so that we can agree our aims, and elect a committee. If you want to be involved you can contribute by:
- Being a committee member – with a title (secretary, etc) or as an ordinary committee member. This means attending meetings a few times a term. Perhaps meetings at varied times may help make this easy for a variety of parents to attend – no need to come to them all.
- Helping out at events.
- Letting us know what your talents are. We’d like to make a ‘knowledge base’ of parents’ skills and interests. If you have a special skill of any kind we’d like to hear from you: this might be your line of work, language, cooking specialities, hobbies, or indeed your own history.
Please do sign up to our email list, or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to be kept up with news.