Here is advance warning of the first ever PTA event at Charles Dickens! We are having a Frost Fair on Saturday 1st December 12 – 3.30pm!
We want to make this a great family event for us all. We will have some stalls from the local area, as well as free activities, great winter food and drink, and maybe some music.
We would welcome any help you might offer – from setting up on the day, to running a stall or activity of your own, or coming and enjoying the day with us!
If you would like to run any of the following, or have an idea for something, please email us on email@example.com – or leave a note at the office for the PTA
Stalls you could run – maybe two people a stall so you can enjoy the fair too:
- Tea & cake stall
- Nail bar
- Tattoos/ Face painting
- Make Gingerbread house to ‘guess weight/name’
- School Uniform Nearly New (need to sort and wash the lost property, and take donations in advance)
- Raffle tickets selling/admin
- Hook-a-duck (we need to ‘winterise’ this – perhaps icebergs in the pool 😉
- Lollypop game
- Book stall (we can ask for donations if someone wants to sell on the day)
Activities, if you have a suggestion, want to run one, or know someone who might:
- Gingerbread house biscuits decorating
- Craft activities – make a suggestion…
- Help with our ‘Science Corner’ Scientists and medical professionals – please contact us to ge tin touch with the coordinator of the show-and-tell corner for science and medicine.
- Magician – do you know a close-up magician who can mystify us all…?
- Poetry reading – anyone know a poet?
- Storytelling – contacts or volunteers
- Planting hyacinths or bulbs in pots to take away for Christmas flowering.
When it gets nearer the time we will be asking for donations of things like cakes, tombola prizes, old uniform, and maybe even Holly, so please watch this space…..
Thanks in advance
Jessica, PTA Chair